Sound Advice for Sensitive Matters
Carr McClellan’s Employment Practices Group has proven experience serving as in-house human resources counsel and outside general counsel for corporate clients. Combining an in-depth knowledge of the law with a practical understanding of employer needs. Our team provides employers with sound advice and counsel in managing all aspects of talent and workforce issues.
When litigation issues arise, our Employment Practices Group’s attorneys bring proven trial strategy and experience to the matter, including client representation as lead trial counsel on a broad range of employment discrimination, wrongful termination and wage and hour litigation. Our Employment Practices Group also represents many of the Bay Area’s top senior executives regarding their employment contracts and separation agreements.
The range of legal services provided include:
- Counsel and representation in harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination matters in both state and federal courts
- Human resources counseling including policies, handbooks, performance management, discipline, termination & severance, reduction in force events, integrating workforces after acquisitions and mergers, benefits administration, wage & hour issues and incentive compensation or commission plans
- Representation in administrative proceedings with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Fair Employment & Housing
- Representation in matters with the US Department of Labor, California Labor Commissioner’s Office, and other local, state and federal agencies
- Mediation and arbitration of employment and labor matters
- Training services to assist employers in workforce education—from sexual harassment to workplace diversity
- ERISA litigation
- Negotiation of compensation and equity positions, as well as advice on tax issues that arise from incentive plans and deferred compensation packages