Carr McClellan was founded on one simple principle: Provide top quality, sophisticated legal services—backed by the highest ethical standards—to the businesses and residents of the San Francisco Peninsula.
Following a move from Iowa where he was working as a district attorney, Luther Carr partners with Ed Cosgriff and launches Cosgriff and Carr. The space above the Miller Drug Co. building in Burlingame becomes the firm’s first offices in 1945. J. Ed (Jed) McClellan joins Cosgriff and Carr in 1946, expanding the firm’s name to Cosgriff, Carr & McClellan. The firm’s culture and commitment to civic and community organizations are established.
Photo Courtesy of Burlingame Historical Society.