Trade Secret Litigation
- Represented tax preparation business in federal trade secret and trademark infringement lawsuit. Secured return of trade secret information and all rights to disputed trademark through settlement before trial.
- Represented fabless semiconductor design house in trade secret dispute with chip foundry and negotiated favorable resolution without filing suit.
- Defending major building services provider in trade secret lawsuit regarding alleged theft of customer lists and business leads.
- Defended local government entity and officials in employment discrimination and retaliation case; after a two-week trial, the jury found no discrimination.
- Defended technology company from wrongful termination whistle-blower and gender discrimination claims; the matter settled favorably before trial.
Real Estate Litigation
- Assistant trial counsel for two-month trial (including two-week jury phase) to recover possession of a pier after tenant’s breach of lease; jury found for client on all issues, prompting a tenant eviction.
- Represented commercial property owner in dispute regarding implied easement over driveway; matter settled with client receiving compensation for neighbor’s unlawful use of driveway.
- Represented homeowner in construction defect case and achieved substantial settlement from contractor despite potential legal bar to claims.
- Recovered possession of commercial properties for landlords in numerous commercial unlawful detainers; followed up with breach of lease and breach of guaranty lawsuits to seek complete compensation for landlords.
Estate & Trust Litigation
- Defended widow and children in dispute over deceased husband’s alleged embezzlement from grandparents’ trust; the matter settled favorably before trial.
- Persuaded appellate court to uphold trial court ruling that client’s sibling had unduly influenced their mother to alter her trust.
- Defending trust beneficiary from undue influence and conversion claims by sibling.
Additional Client Experience
- Defended insurer from claims of bad faith breach of duties to defend and indemnify; matter settled successfully prior to trial.
- Represented plaintiffs in financial elder abuse, fraud, and rescission action; matter settled successfully prior to trial.
- Advised Fortune 100 technology company regarding document retention and electronic discovery policies and procedures.